Nothing beats waking up to a hearty bowl of porridge on a chilly winter morning and so it’s no surprise that these cinnamon apple pie oats have become my favourite breakfast. Thick, creamy, satisfying and super simple and quick to make – you’ve got zero excuses for skipping breakfast and when it tastes like dessert, you definitely won’t want to.
On cold Winter mornings like this even I have to turn down a bowl of nice cream, instead opting for a warming bowl of oats. Some of my go-tos are my
But this recipe is my newest obsession. Apple pie has always been one of my favourite desserts and transforming it into a healthy breakfast bowl is the absolute dream. The blend of sweet cinnamon, ginger and chunks of sweet gooey dates alongside grated apple and oats creates a breakfast that’s
- Perfect spiced
- And so delicious!
But one of the best parts of breakfast is of course the toppings! This recipe pairs perfectly with my 3 ingredient chocolate hazelnut truffles chopped up on top, but I also love combining it with soya yoghurt, chopped figs, chocolate chunks and a big spoonful of nut butter.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 heaping tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 medjool dates, chopped
- Add all of the ingredients to a small pan and set over a medium-low heat.
- Cook through for 5-8 minutes, until the milk has been absorbed and the oats are thick and creamy. If you prefer a thinner consistency, then add more liquid as necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl, add toppings and enjoy!