What’s better than a snickers bar? A snickers bar crossed with ferrero rocher. These bars are a complete upgrade on a regular Snickers bar, featuring a chocolate peanut nougat and a gooey date caramel that’s packed with hazelnuts all encased in a rich chocolate coating. This is my dreamiest dessert recipe yet.
I’ve definitely not kept it a secret that Snickers bars are one of my favourites. Following on from the success of my Vegan snickers bars, I created a number of snickers inspired recipes
But these bars are definitely my favourite; so much so that I can’t choose which of the triple layers is my favourite. From the fudgey peanut nougat bar to the gooey date caramel, crunchy hazelnuts and chocolate coating, it’s just too hard to choose!
Chocolate and hazelnut has always been a winning combination and it adds a serious upgrade to these bars. It also features in my
- Ferrero Rocher Protein Bars
- Nutella Granola
- Chocolate Hazelnut Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- Nutella Latte
- Chocolate Hazelnut Pretzel Protein Bars
Combining the indulgent flavour of Nutella with classic peanut butter creates a decadent and delicious dessert bar that’s
- Naturally Vegan
- And completely irresistible!
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
Makes 4 bars
For the peanut nougat layer
- 70g oat flour
- 2 tbsps coconut flour
- 2 tbsps chocolate protein powder (or sub extra oats)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tbsps nut milk
For the peanut date caramel
- 175g medjool dates
- 1 and 1/2 tbsps peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
For the chocolate coating
alternatively you could use your favourite chocolate bar, melted
- 80g cacao butter or coconut oil
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 4 tbsps cacao powder
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Start by making the nougat bar. Add all of the bar ingredients to the blender and blitz until the mix comes together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and using your hands, divide in to 4 equal balls.
- Shape each of the balls in to a bar. Place the bars on to a sheet of grease proof paper and in to the freezer to set.
- Make the date caramel by adding the dates, peanut butter and vanilla extract to the blender along with 3 tbsps water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once smooth, stir the hazelnuts in to the caramel until fully coated. Remove the bars from the freezer and top each with a layer of the date caramel. Return to the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- When the caramel is almost set, start to prepare the chocolate coating. Add the cacao butter to a small pan and set over a low heat until fully melted. Once melted, stir in the cacao powder, maple syrup and peanut butter until smooth and remove from the heat.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and coat each in a layer of chocolate. Repeat until the bars are coated 2-3 times, depending on your preferred thickness of chocolate.
- Return to the freezer to set for 30 minutes. Thaw slightly at room temperate before eating. Enjoy!