Peanut butter, chocolate and banana are 3 of my breakfast staples and incorporating them into a batch of Chunky Monkey Granola will make your breakfast extra special. Crunchy baked oats, banana chips, chocolate chunks, nuts and sweet gooey dates in a sweet peanut butter maple coating. This is one breakfast definitely worth getting out of bed for.
I’ve said it so many times before but I really do love making my own granola, some of my favourites are my
But this batch is enough to rival them all. Packed with peanut butter, banana chips, chocolate and sweet gooey dates it’s
And guaranteed to be your new go-to breakfast topping.
And if you’re looking to extend the chunky monkey flavour through to dessert, then my chunky monkey bars happen to be one of my all time favourite sweet recipes.
I love seeing you recreate my recipes so if you make these, please let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram using @nourishingyas or #nourishingyas.
Makes 1 batch
- 2 cups jumbo rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 3 tbsps maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
- 3 tbps coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup mixed dates, chopped chocolate and banana chips
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a large baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add the oats, nuts, cinnamon and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the coconut oil or cacao butter to a small pan and set over a low heat and heat until melted.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the maple syrup, peanut butter and cacao powder until fully combined.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir well, ensuring everything is fully coated.
- Transfer the granola to the baking tray and bake in the center of the oven for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Make sure to remove from the oven to stir every 5-10 minutes, to ensure that it bakes evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully before stirring through the dried fruit, banana chips and chocolate chunks.
- Transfer to an airtight container where it will keep for up to 6 weeks.
Enjoy alone with chilled nut milk, sprinkled on your nice cream, porridge bowl or as a snack straight from the jar!